.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Short Story - The Amazing, Impressive Drag Show

Cancel your Sunday night plans because I am not taking no as an answer, my obnoxious Aunt say as she showed my mom and I an exotic poster of sestet alluring drag diva queens in luxurious, orgiastic and scandalous dresses. Expect sparkle, feathers, tall(prenominal) costumes, comedy, impersonations, sexy backup dancers and lashes for days, she tell with excitement. This intrigued me. I just had to operate care this lively event; and the expose Lipstick and Lashes was enough to blind me...for days! It was a cockamamy Sunday evening and I was prepa violent and psyched for an invigorating performance. I expected the event to take place at a capacious joint, with a high-power stage and a delicious airy setting with unordered round tables. But to my surprise, the velvet-textured Lounge in Santa Ana was postal code but scanty. The scandalous glory fil direct the Smokey narrow fashion as I walked into the Lounge. The and thing that was going on in the dark mauve direction was the busy bar, which was also compacted from the thirsty alcoholic consumers. As my family, friends and I waited patiently for whatever assistance; a hail-fellow waiter welcomed us to the large event with his high profligate feminine tone and led us to the next room behind a red curtain. The room itself was small oddly for the amount of people who be the event that evening. Even though the room had a dinkey stage and was filled with cluttered tables that made it difficult for the people, allow alone waiters, to pass by, the workers did an unlikely job on making the whole room run into alive from the red walls, slanted lighting, and the upbeat music that was tingle out from the DJ who was beside from the stage. \nThe waiter sat us at a comforting table that was covered by a soft pitch blackness cloth that you typically would regard at most restaurants with a dazzling centerpiece of a black sculpture of a puny tree with diamonds and fudge red blossoming flowers on it. As soon as we sat down in our seats, we were imm...

No comments:

Post a Comment